To provide an engaging and comprehensive educational experience for practicing physicians new to practice or being groomed for organizational leadership roles. Establish a foundational, practical knowledge base for physicians working in independent private practice, academic, or part of an integrated delivery system. To immerse physicians in pertinent technical and managerial principles; positioning for success in a dynamically evolving industry as prepared organizational leaders.
- Each program contains a cohort of 15 participants
- Interactive sessions will be held at LSU’s Business Education Complex, room 1420.
- Programs consist of seven educational modules with the first and last modules occurring in a face-to-face format at LSU in Baton Rouge. The remaining five modules are two hours and delivered online.
- The program allows participating physicians to earn a joint executive certificate of completion from LSMS and LSU Executive Education.
- Each topic in the curriculum is calibrated to match existing knowledge base of participating physicians and their competency and development needs.
- To reinforce the scope of learning, each class includes a didactic overview of key concepts, real world interactive case studies, and a resource toolbox, which can be utilized by physicians beyond the scope of the academy.
- Tuesday, January 2, 2018 - Application packets due to LSMS
- Friday, March 2, 2018 - 9 a.m.-3 p.m. in person session at the LSU Business Education Complex, Rm 1420
- Tuesday, March 6, 2018 - 6-8 p.m. online module
- Tuesday, March 13, 2018 - 6-8 p.m. online module
- Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 6-8 p.m. online module
- Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 6-8 p.m. online module
- Tuesday, April 3, 2018 - 6-8 p.m. online module
- Friday, April 13, 2018- 9 a.m.-3 p.m. in person session at the LSU Business Education Complex, Rm 1420
For more information on topics covered, click here.
Completed application packets should include:
- Current CV
- One letter of endorsement from a medical professional colleague
- Completed application (to download, click here)
- Application fee: $25 for medical students, $100 for LSMS members, and $500 for non-members.
Please submit completed application packet by Friday, February 16th by email to email@example.com, by mail to LSMS ERF Leadership Academy, 6767 Perkins Road, Ste. 100, Baton Rouge, LA 70808, or fax 225-768-5601.
For more information or questions, contact LSMS Office and Events Manager Sarah Edwards, firstname.lastname@example.org or 225-763-2310.